Author Topic: Is this just the start...Console Gaming Rumors  (Read 396 times)

playKIMSIM

Offline Just Wingit

• -
Re: Is this just the start...Console Gaming Rumors
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:03:04 AM »
Thanks, Kim, for this info. Why am I not surprised? I foresaw this trend when EA disabled online play for used copies of Battlefield 3 without the purchase of an online pass. I have so many thoughts about this subject, but they're almost all negative so I'll keep them to myself.

Christy M
"She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."
-Mark Twain

Offline FaithfulApostle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 10:29:59 AM »
I've read several articles on this.  I really hope it's all rumor, but it is the kind of thing that companies might try.  I just don't understand why they think it will make them more money.  Most people don't want stuff like this.  I saw lots of comments from people who read the articles and they were all very negative -- I didn't see anybody thinking it was a good idea.  I absolutely can't afford a system that doesn't play the older games or doesn't allow used games.   :frustrated:

Offline ukpoppyberry

• Administrator
    • Poppy Sims
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 01:04:55 PM »
It's very sad that they have to do this! It will allow the rich to get richer and the the everyday player will suffer their hobbies as a consequence!

Offline lindawing

• Administrator
    • Neighborly Sims
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 04:02:06 PM »
Well, we've all be saying it looks like it's coming to this. If/when it does, I think we'll all be enjoying the games that we already have, even more!!!

I still have things that I've never seen or done in TS2, and a TON of things like that in TS3. I can still play SC4 (even on Windows 7, thankfully...hopefully still on Windows 8 when it comes out not that far in the future).

So...I'm doing my best to look on the positive side, which mainly is...I won't be spending so much money on gaming, since I'll be playing all my old favorites for a long time to come! :uhhuh: :rotfl: You know what? That's really not such a bad thing!

Offline AngelRuse

• -
  • When in doubt C4.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 07:03:28 PM »
I'm with Linda. Old favorites!

playKIMSIM

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 03:58:26 AM »
Well said Linda...
I have saved all my games of every type, even some unopened with the computers to go with them. So there we are plenty to do! ;-)

Offline Louise

• -
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 07:00:02 AM »
As long as I can play sims3 I'm happy! Every time I start a new game it feel new to me. And I recently discover sims medieval too. I don't need anything else. :friends:

Offline lindawing

• Administrator
    • Neighborly Sims
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 02:57:08 PM »
Exactly--no matter what, we won't be hurting for gameplay for a good long time, I think. ;-) :joy:

Offline KrazyAngelKat81

• -
    • Sims 3 Adventure
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 09:47:23 AM »
Oh I don't like the sound of that at all. I've played digital downloads before and they are so unstable!
Kat - Find my creations at:

Offline lindawing

• Administrator
    • Neighborly Sims
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 01:59:55 PM »
Exactly--so before long, it will be time to dig out some of our old favorites, and settle in with a cup of cocoa...