Neighborly Sims 3

Full Version: New Worlds - Empty or Developed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure if this kind of poll here will really get proper results... I know most of the regulars here are builders and not players. So I can pretty much already guess new world preferences for the builders hehe.

For those who do play the game, I'm wondering whether you prefer the new worlds you download to come with completely empty lots, with partially developed lots (rabbit holes, community lots, maybe a few homes), or fully developed.
(08-13-2010 07:58 PM)Meadow9259 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this kind of poll here will really get proper results... I know most of the regulars here are builders and not players. So I can pretty much already guess new world preferences for the builders hehe.

For those who do play the game, I'm wondering whether you prefer the new worlds you download to come with completely empty lots, with partially developed lots (rabbit holes, community lots, maybe a few homes), or fully developed.

Speaking as someone with a lower end computer--TMON (particularly after it was entirely filled with all our Sims) is a bit of a drain on my resources--I think that perhaps a partially developed world is a nice compromise--sort of the way the worlds come from EA when we get them--except with a few more empty spaces since those who don't build more than likely like to DL houses that others have built and would probably like to have some places to put them.
More developed than not, like 75% I think would be good
Personally, I'd be more prone to download one that was about 50-50. I'd really rather it be even more like 75% UNPOPULATED, and 25% populated, if not totally blank. But I'd settle for 50-50. WINK
As a builder Meadow you know my answer .... empty.
I am a builder and a player lol but I don't know b.c I don't download worlds lol

I also normally don't download others stuff
I did both Developed and Un-developed.
So the person, builder or whatever could jump into their building/playing either way Meadow.
I would prefer one that had the "Town" part in place (all the rabbit holes); maybe even the Ambitions lots and some residential with room to place my own. I am a builder but I really don't mind having a totally developed world because I love sometimes not having to work all the time, but to play. With so many creative Simmers out there - I would love to have a world that comes complete and ready to play, rather than having to "build it" myself. And I also like the idea of a world that would accomodate all of my builds. So ... I guess I would love both! One ready to play world and one world ready for me to place my creations in .... It's a "win-win situation" from where I stand!! SMILE
Mostly I like developed towns for playing. Doesn't really matter how large or small the town is, when I play I want to just jump in. I do like them to be sim-less as the game will create new sims for the empty houses increasing the random.
I too would like a more developed town with a maybe a few empty lots, just a few, because I get a wild hair sometimes and like to build. But that is pretty rare and far between. I like to drop my sim in a house and hit the floor running...
I was just thinking, how very nice it would be to have a world that is totally ready to play - an established world - not too big (kind of small), that has not only the essential rabbit holes and those new businesses that came with ambitions, but the homes and sim families that know each other, have jobs, etc. and all on standard sized lots with one or two empty lots here and there and maybe only 1 or 2 empty houses, so that you can put your own sim family into that established world. I think that would be so great ... one that didn't have cc (except for store items), so you wouldn't have to worry about getting bad cc that spoils the game.

If you do something like this, can you nudge me because I would definitely dl it - it would be so nice. ... YEAH
Have you downloaded Susan's and Lisa's world?
(08-14-2010 09:44 PM)lindawing Wrote: [ -> ]Have you downloaded Susan's and Lisa's world?

No I haven't. Are they ul'd here? I've been so busy creating for T-Mon and now for a Small World that I haven't had a chance to check anything else out. UH HUH
I'm guessing Linda is referring to Poppington... it's on Poppy's website at http://www.poppysims.com. I see the download link is to the Exchange, though. Worlds are so huge there's not many sites that have enough space/bandwidth/or file size limitations to handle them directly.

I'm hoping to get a world of the type you described made someday. I've been wanting to make one. =) Something similar to Sunset Valley or Riverview in that people can just install and go. CaW doesn't allow Sims, of course, but I think people have gotten around that by creating an optional game save file that contains the Sims and such and the world set up. It'd definately need to be smaller than what I've been tending to make, though, unless I want a 20 year project! UH HUH

Thanks for the input to everyone who's responded so far. =)
Thanks for the infor Meadow! I was able to go to Poppys site and dl her world.

I will also look forward to a world like the one I described above (I guess minus the sims, as I did not realize they can not be included in the ul'd world). I think you will do an amazing creation!! Thanks!! JOY
There's also Ruthless' Victorian Bay Neighborhood.

The story is here:

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.ht...tId=154235

And on that page, she gives the download link, but I'll copy it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5mltm22em5n

I have it, and it is just wonderful! JOY
There's also Kim's Parkwater Flats, another SUPER world, which you can download from her site. UH HUH

Also, Lisa didn't your small island world on your site, too?
(08-15-2010 06:50 PM)lindawing Wrote: [ -> ]There's also Ruthless' Victorian Bay Neighborhood.

The story is here:

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.ht...tId=154235

And on that page, she gives the download link, but I'll copy it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5mltm22em5n

I have it, and it is just wonderful! JOY

Thank you for the info Linda. I can't understand, though, why in the "world" didn't she ul it to her page at EA??? I don't care to dl from a 3rd party ... I've run into problems with that before and don't want to go through that again... I do appreciate your finding these for me. I did dl Poppy's and I love it! That is what I've done all day today! I would still love to have one with "standard" lot sizes ... it would be much easier for me to work with. And I wish I could just build my own, but I can't ... I don't have the patience to figure out CaW ... EVIL LAUGH Thanks again!!

HI
Twin Rivers' lot sizes are pretty uniform. Although that's what I consider "standard" sizes and not necessarily what everyone else does lol. 30x20 for starters, 30x30 for smalls, 40x40 for mid-size, 50x50 for large, 60x60 for estate. Only five houses for it atm, I'll be adding more over time. I'll be getting the non-beta out shortly, hopefully. I need to stop stubbornly trying to make that rainbow spawn!

Oh, and most people have had to upload their worlds to places like Mediafire, because the Exchange has been VERY bad about world uploads. Twin Rivers only made it up there because I was extremely stubborn. Kim's world was similar... she gave up for several months, and then decided to try again, and it suddenly worked. There's several issues with the Exchange and worlds... one the timeouts - trying to get a world uploaded has been next to impossible... two the anti-duplication - you can't upload more than one copy of your world to the Exchange ever, even if you delete the original, and from what I've heard even failed uploads can sometimes trigger this. Not to mention how often the official site is down!
I think that I would prefer some homes and some blank spaces, maybe 25% houses, then it's ready to move some families in but has plenty of space to build too.

Glad you like the worlds Melody, I got your GB signing, thank you!

I took the worlds off after my bandwidth went to 15gb in one day from a usual 2-3gb! I didn't dare really risk it after that despite it supposedly being unlimited. I think it's great they can stay at the Sims 3 site instead.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's